Karaoke in Northern Michigan - My experiences, and favorite places to sing. I have been enjoying karaoke for several years now, and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do. There is no time like the present to get started. Try it, I'm sure you will like it.

Friday, August 24, 2007

More Local Karaoke Shows In Michigan

Eventually I branched out into surrounding areas. I started singing at a couple of other local bars. I went to Sky Ranch for quite a while although eventually the crowd thinned out so much that it got a bit boring there. I ended up looking elsewhere for entertainment. I returned there about a year or two ago when I heard that they were having karaoke again, but there was practically nobody in the bar. I guess that all I can say is that at least it was a good place to practice if you are shy about getting up in front of a lot of people. I did get to sing a lot of songs that night.

The other local place I sang was a little bar in Fairview, Michigan called the Wild Turkey. At the time the show was run by J.J.Harmon, a friend of mine who recently passed away. I only stopped in a few times while he was there because they wouldn't allow my daughter to come in and sing with me because she wasn't 21 years old. Since we could sing together at another bar, we went to the other bar instead.

Lowell Fox runs the karaoke show at the Wild Turkey now, although they only have karaoke every other Saturday. It gets confusing for me, and I keep forgetting which week to go. I haven't been there in a while, and I know that I missed it again last weekend.

0 comments:

Referrers...