Karaoke in Northern Michigan - My experiences, and favorite places to sing. I have been enjoying karaoke for several years now, and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do. There is no time like the present to get started. Try it, I'm sure you will like it.

Friday, October 19, 2007

More From Oscoda County

There are only a couple of other places in Oscoda County that I have ever known to have karaoke shows. My favorite of these is the American Legion Post in Luzerne. They have karaoke from 7 until 11 on the first Tuesday of every month and we all have a good time there. Many of the same group who go to Ma Deeter's also go to the American Legion, plus you will also see some new faces there as well.

Aside from those that I have already mentioned, the only other place in Oscoda County I have sang karaoke was at the Moose Lodge between Mio and Luzerne. They don't have karaoke on any sort of a regular basis, but do have an occasional party.

I have attended Open Mic Night at a few places also though, where the singers were welcome to come up on stage and sing their songs. You are always welcome to bring your own karaoke cds to sing from. It is a little different though when you don't have the screen in front of you. It isn't bad if you know all of the words to your song, but a lot of the singers get nervous and forget what they are doing.

Sometimes you can sing along with one of the local bands. That can be a lot of fun. Again though, there are no words on a screen in front of you so it is best to choose a song that you know pretty well. When singing along with the band though, there is usually some kind band member who will step in and help you out in a pinch.

0 comments:

Referrers...