Karaoke in Northern Michigan - My experiences, and favorite places to sing. I have been enjoying karaoke for several years now, and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do. There is no time like the present to get started. Try it, I'm sure you will like it.

Friday, November 2, 2007

Recommendations for Oscoda County...

Ma Deeter's has recently been taken back by it's former owners and though it may take a week or two for all of the legalities to go through as far as the liquor license and such, I think that things will be up and running again very soon. I hope so at least because I have missed singing karaoke there these past couple of weeks. In any case, it is time to give my recommendations for karaoke in Oscoda County, in northern Michigan.

My number one favorite place to sing has for a long time been Ma Deeter's in Luzerne, Michigan. The karaoke show there is run by Jimmy Ferns. The show starts at 7 pm and runs until 11pm, sometimes later, depending on the crowd. For many years now, Ma Deeter's has run a steak special on Wednesday nights along with the karaoke show. It is a winning combination when you can enjoy a great meal and sing or just sit back and enjoy watching the show. There are a lot of great singers there too. You would be amazed at some of the talent that comes into that bar. Not only that, but the atmosphere there is great. It is a family bar, and everyone there is like family. It is a great place to come in and enjoy a night out.

Another fantastic place is the American Legion Post in Luzerne, Michigan. The karaoke show there is also run by Jimmy Ferns and it also runs from 7 until 11 pm. They only have karaoke on the first Tuesday of every month, except sometimes on special occasions. They have some wonderful singers there too.

I also enjoy the Wild Turkey Saloon in Fairview Michigan. The karaoke show there is hosted by Lowell Fox. They have karaoke every other Saturday beginning at 9pm. I have a lot of fun singing there and enjoy some fantastic singers when I go, but unfortunately the every other Saturday thing kind of throws me off. I guess I should write it down because I always forget which week they have it so I always seem to miss the right week. Anyway, it is fun there when I make it so hopefully I'll manage to start catching the right week more often.

If you like things loud, you might enjoy Northwoods, or Big T's as it is now known. They have karaoke on Thursday nights starting at 9pm in Mio, Michigan. It is a little too loud for me when I am trying to talk with my friends, and although I have an open mind to all types of music, I have only been there a couple of times and felt that they really didn't play to the crowd that was there. I mean, if you have a lot of older people in the bar, do you really think that the songs with explicit sex lyrics are what you would be playing? Maybe it is just me, but I wasn't impressed. Anyway, I didn't have a problem with singing there, but I would have had more fun if they hadn't made some of my friends feel uncomfortable with their antics.

I really have nothing against any of the karaoke locations in Oscoda County. I have enjoyed singing at all of them at one time or another, I just enjoy some more than others. Of course we all have different tastes so I guess that if you want to know for sure, you will have to try some of them out and see for yourself which karaoke spot you prefer to sing at.

In the near future, I will let you know about some of the other karaoke spots where I have visited, and some that I currently sing at from time to time that are outside of Oscoda County. I think that you might enjoy some of them too. Maybe one of them might even be closer to home for you, but remember that if you are ever in the northern Michigan area, you should stop in and check out your choice of any of the karaoke spots that I have mentioned here. I think that you will have a great time, and I would love to sing a song with you.

0 comments:

Referrers...